Preparing for an E-Tutoring Conference
What is E-Tutoring?
E-tutoring is an asynchronous conference by which the writer uploads a project during an allotted conference time to be reviewed and returned at the end of the appointment. Keep in mind to upload only what can be reviewed during the allotted time and to prioritize your concerns clearly to the tutor.
Scheduling an e-tutoring conference:
- To make an e-tutoring appointment, go to the schedule and find a tutor available for e-tutoring.
- Click on an available appointment time, fill in the required fields, and click “SAVE APPOINTMENT.”
- A second window will open to confirm your appointment. Be sure to attach your file in this second window.
- Note that all files need to be Microsoft Office compatible in order to receive feedback.
What to expect after your conference:
- The tutor will return your file using the online scheduler. To access this file, you should check your email first, or go to the original scheduled appointment to download the reviewed file.
- If you have problems downloading your reviewed file, try refreshing the page or try again in five minutes. If this is not helpful, contact the CCP at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your reviewed file will be marked with the Comment Feature on Microsoft Word (or appropriate application). To view comments, select the Review Tab and choose “All Markup” from the drop-down menu (next to Track Changes button).