October 29, 2012 at 1:49 pm
What We Do
The Center for Communication Practices at Rensselaer is a FREE resource for all members of the RPI community: students, faculty, and staff. Our experienced consultants will work with you, one-on-one, to discuss:
- ANY type of communication project—written texts, oral presentations, websites, visual elements (tables, photographs, films….)
- For ANY purpose—class work, research publications, personal projects etc.–from ANY discipline
- At ANY stage of the process—from brainstorming and getting started, to polishing your final product!
Our goal is to provide all writers with strategies that will help them become better communicators, in the classroom and beyond.
What You Do
- Schedule a Conference for 30 or 60 minutes: To make an appointment, please use our online scheduler by clicking on the “Make an Appointment” button. Drop ins are also welcome, but openings are limited.
- Bring your work from any discipline or personal projects of any type—essays, lab reports, resumes, doctoral theses, PowerPoint slides and more. Whether the work is nearly completed or still in the planning stage, we will work with each writer to take the project to the next step.
- Be prepared for the session. This helps the session run smoothly and gives you more time to focus on improving your work.
- Remain responsible for your own work—consultants do not “fix” or edit any writing.
Entry Filed under: News. .